"Where we love is truly home. A place our feet may leave, but our hearts remain."

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just paint the canvas.....

So, when this blog was started, I had all of those good intentions that naturally come with starting a blog. I'm going to write at least once a week so that family and friends can have a peek into our goings on and feel a part of our lives.....

Then life happened and school happened and here we are 7+ months later with only one post to show for it. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it because the time has passed and here we are.

I love to paint, but honestly the one obstacle hardest for me to tackle is the initial union of paintbrush and canvas. I read something recently in a painting book that said "the scariest sight for a painter is a blank white canvas. Just paint something on the canvas, even if it's a single color, then come back to it if you need to." A-ha! How did that author get into my head and utter the exact words I needed to hear at that exact moment. So simple, yet so brilliant. Why hadn't I done that before? It's not like I can't just paint over it if I don't like it.

So, just paint the canvas. Paint a single color, paint a line, it doesn't matter. It's the fact that you've initiated it and that will get you farther than doing nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment